Thursday, August 29, 2019

Verde Chicken Enchiladas

I've had a lot of requests for this recipe after posting a sneak peek of my September meal plan on Instagram. Unfortunately, I hadn't actually made it before to share the recipe quickly. HA! My family loves verde chicken and enchiladas, so I thought - let's combine them!! So, I actually tried two different combos of sauces and I loved them both equally, so there's actually two versions here...

   
  
Ingredients
2lbs. chicken breasts
2, 16oz jars of verde salsa (my family prefers the Joe T's verde salsa)
Can of red enchilada sauce
10 corn tortillas
Mexican cheese, shredded

For the filling
Follow my verde chicken tostada recipe for making the filling. Cooking your chicken in the crockpot makes it SO EASY, tender and effortless. Once the chicken has simmered for 4-6 hours, shred with a hand mixer and set aside.

For the enchiladas
1) Preheat oven to 350, spray 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray, and warm corn tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds to make them soft.
2) Fill each corn tortilla with the shredded chicken.
3) Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in dish.
4) Continue to do this until you've filled your dish. Pour salsa or enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas (depending which you prefer, or do both!), and top with cheese.
5) Bake on 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
6) Top with diced green chilies, pico de gallo or even guacamole.

ENJOY!

A few pointers...
This is the enchilada sauce I used. It didn't taste so great right out of the can, but it was delicious on top of the enchiladas!

            

This is about how much filling you want in each tortilla:



No comments:

Post a Comment